TERMS & CONDITIONS
OUR T & Cs
Reading and understanding our T&Cs before placing a booking is important. It lets you know what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. If you have any questions on any of the information provided below, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking.
We’re here to help you have the best time, please just ask if you need any advice at all.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of services and goods operated or sold by 270 Adventure Ltd, trading as 270 Climbing Park, located at Bentham Lane, Witcombe, Gloucestershire, GL3 4UD.
- No variation to these Terms shall be binding unless agreed in writing by 270 Adventure Ltd.
- Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any booking confirmation or other documentation issued by 270 Adventure Ltd (including any electronic documentation) shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of 270 Adventure Ltd.
- Before confirming your booking, it is your responsibility that you and all members of your party acknowledge and agree to the contents of the terms and conditions as they contain important information regarding the participation of activities. Any individual making a booking for others is confirming that they and others in their group agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Only by accepting these terms and conditions can participation commence.
- 270 Adventure complies with the Distance Selling Regulations (2000).
- Unless on a session which specifies otherwise, young people under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult of 18 years or older whilst on-site.
SAFETY & OUR DUTY OF CARE
The rules of 270 Climbing are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities. They are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer, by law. As such they are non-negotiable.
- There are some inherent risks associated with Ropes Course and the Tower activities
(hereafter any reference of Ropes Course includes the Tower activities). They may be physically and emotionally challenging. As with all activities conducted at height there is a risk of serious injury or death if the correct safety procedures are not followed.
- 270 Adventure reserves the right to refuse admittance to the any activity or to remove a participant from any activity should it deem necessary to do so. This includes a participant who does not comply with the safety rules and advice or who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants. 270 Adventure shall be entitled to prevent any person from undertaking or completing the activities in the event of unsuitable behaviour by a participant.
- All participants must be reasonably fit and healthy. Health conditions should be reported to 270 Climbing staff. Our policy is to be as inclusive as possible however due the physical nature of many of the activities it may not be possible for all clients to participate. Participation will be allowed where reasonable adjustments can be made to allow participation. The Ropes Course activities are physically demanding and require a degree of agility, strength and stamina. If participants are in any doubt as to whether they should attempt the activities, they are advised to view the Ropes Course before booking. If participants have medical concerns, they are advised to consult their doctor in advance. Participants will be required to certify that they do not suffer from any medical condition which would make it more likely that they would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to themselves or others (including pregnancy).
- Participants must ensure that they and others in the party fit within the correct height, age and weight ranges for the booked activity on the day which it takes place.
- A safety briefing will be conducted before commencement of the course, following by an induction on a low-level test course. Each participant will be assessed during the induction, if they fail to complete the test course correctly they will be asked to repeat. If they still fail to complete this safely (e.g. not understood the safety requirements or cannot complete the course on their own without assistance), they may be removed from the course or limited to certain levels of the course. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- 270 Adventure reserves the right to restrict participants to certain parts or elements of the course if the assessment of the team is that doing so is in the best interest of the individual or other participants.
- After the safety briefing, participants will not be directly supervised by an instructor. Adults may assist/supervise children whilst on the course, however you may only be one element in front or one element behind the children. Children have to be able to manage our safety system completely independently. If possible, we recommend another adult supervising the group on the ground.
- Children who elect not to participate in some sections of the course must be supervised by a non-participating adult.
CLOTHING, FOOTWEAR, JEWELLERY & BELONGINGS
- We recommend participants wear lightweight, comfortable clothing. Scarves or ties may not be worn.
- We recommend gloves are worn on the ropes course. These are available to purchase if required at the time of booking or upon arrival at the park.
- All loose items (phones, keys, wallet, coins etc) must be removed from pockets during all activities.
- Participants may not undertake ropes course activities in open-toe footwear (eg. sandals, slip-on’s, crocs, flip-flops etc.). It’s advised to wear trainers, sturdy shoes or walking boots.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- You are not allowed to carry a bag (by hand or over shoulders) whilst on the ropes course.
- Jewellery and body piercings that are judged to be at risk of entanglement with elements of the course must be removed or taped over.
- Participants on the Ropes Course may only use a mobile phone if it is safely secured inside a carry pouch and attached to your persons. The pouch must be brought to the attention of the 270 team for inspection prior to embarking on the course. If required, these are available to purchase when booking or when you arrive at the park.
- All safety equipment (harnesses, attachment systems etc.) is provided by 270 Adventure and participants own safety equipment may not be used.
- Due to the nature of the activities, some wear and tear on clothing and footwear may occur. We recommend clothing that you don’t mind getting a bit grubby. 270 Adventure will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, clothing or other personal items of persons resulting from participation in our activities.
SECURITY OF BELONGINGS
- We recommend that you do not leave valuables unattended on the site.
- A limited number of lockers are available at on-site, users of this facility do so at their own risk.
- 270 Adventure will not accept responsibility for any damages or losses to personal property.
AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
Full cancellation of a booking will be accepted with a full refund if made more than 14 days prior to the booked date. If a cancellation is made within 14 days and up to 48 hours before the booked date, then 50% of the booking price will remain due and will not be refunded. Unfortunately, if a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the booked date or a person or group do not turn up at the correct time as specified on the booking confirmation then all money for the booking will be due with no refund given. If you have any queries regarding a booking cancellation or an amendment, please email us on email@example.com
- 270 Adventure shall be entitled to cancel your booking at any time, although we will not do this without good reason. In the event that it is necessary to cancel your booking, for example due to extreme weather conditions, it will use all reasonable measures to notify you as soon as possible. You shall be entitled to re-book another date subject to availability in the event of cancellation under this clause, but no other compensation will be payable. Refunds may be offered at the discretion of the management of 270 Adventure if they have to cancel your activities.
- In the event that it proves necessary to close the activities for reasons beyond our control and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the activities, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or in whole). In such circumstances 270 Adventure will offer alternative dates or times at no additional cost.
- Rain and showers, light snow and moderate winds are acceptable conditions that do not require cancellation. We will operate in all weather conditions where it is safe to do so. In the event that weather is so severe that the session has to be cancelled by us, we will notify you at our earliest convenience and re-schedule your session for another time.
- If the Park is operating as normal when adverse weather prevails and we decide we can safely provide a well-managed session, no refunds will be offered if you decide to cancel your session and any outstanding balances will still need to be paid.
- Rescheduling your activity will require a new booking and further payment.
- Refunds will be made only to the credit or debit card that was used for purchase of the activity or product. Where the card cannot be presented a gift voucher will be issued in place of a refund.
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by 270 Adventure in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to, undertake or complete the activities for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions. In all instances, as the people with the duty of care for the safety of everyone on the site, the team at 270 shall be the final arbiters when interpreting the safety rules.
RETURN OF EQUIPMENT
- Upon completion of the activities, it is the participants responsibility to return all safety equipment to the welcome area and ensure that it is handed to one of our staff members or instructors. Failure to do so will incur a £250 payment per set of unreturned equipment.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & HYGIENE
- It is your responsibility as a user of the park to ensure that you and anyone under your supervision follow any social distancing requirements as prescribed by the Government, local authority or any other relevant regulatory body and 270 Climbing– if our rules are more stringent than the mandatory guidelines, notices will be displayed in prominent positions.
- Likewise, it is your responsibility as a user of the centre to ensure that you and anyone under your supervision follow good hygiene practices whilst in the centre – especially regarding handwashing.
- Please note we reserve the right to vary these Terms & Conditions without notice during periods of extraordinary or unprecedented times, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 270 Adventure reserves the right to close the facilities or part thereof for any period when required in connection with repairs, alteration or maintenance work.
- 270 Adventure occasionally films and takes photographs of sessions for marketing and training purposes, during these periods we make users aware and allow people to easily opt-out of participation.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, 270 Adventure shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to any property or to any person arising from the booking of or participation in the activities.
- Parking facilities are available on site, and any vehicle and its contents are left at the owner’s risk.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions any liability of 270 Adventure shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to 270 Adventure.